The National PKU Alliance (NPKUA) works to improve the lives of individuals with phenylketonuria (PKU) and pursue a cure. The NPKUA Fund is a campaign of the NPKUA to advance the science of PKU by funding the most promising research that will lead to enhanced management, new therapy discoveries and ultimately a cure to improve the lives of individuals with PKU. The goals of the
Fund are to:
- Support new treatments and/or management strategies to bring to market within the next five years.
- Make substantial grants to projects each year that focus on a new management strategy, new drug development, new treatment(s) and/or a cure. A variety of management and treatment solutions need to exist for PKU patients because it is not a one-size-fits-all disease.
- Support development of new clinical outcome assessment tools to improve treatment decisions and accelerate drug development to optimize the day-to-day management of PKU.
- Fund personnel placements in labs and/or clinics where additional support will speed up the drug development process.
- Fund the most critical projects that have the potential to raise the quality of life of a PKU patient on a day-to-day basis so they can live the best life possible.
The NPKUA is seeking proposals that will help us meet the above strategic goals, promote and encourage investigators into PKU-related research, to close the existing gaps in the knowledge and science of PKU, and to further support existing PKU-related projects.
Call for Research Proposals - March 1, 2023
Call for Research Proposals on the Development/Validation of Function-Based Cognitive Outcome Assessment Tools for PKU