GMDI Membership provides opportunities to improve your knowledge and clinical practice in metabolic nutrition and to network with others who work in this highly specialized field.
Continuing Education Opportunities
An educational conference is held every other year. The next GMDI conference will be held in May 2022
- E-Newsletter, GMDI Connections
- MetabolicPro Nutrition Analysis Software
- SERC-GMDI Nutrition Guideline and Tool Kit Development for PKU, MSUD, PROP and VLCADD
- Networking opportunities – Find a metabolic dietitian in US/Canada, Regional teleconference journal club
- Legislative updates
- Continuing education opportunities including web-based seminars and the biennial GMDI Conference
- Connections for research opportunities
- GMDI Research Grant Program
- Job postings
- Tools and materials for use in clinical practice (Leucine food lists, formula comparison lists, educational resources)
- Professional development of leadership skills by joining a GMDI committee
See individual committee pages for specific goals and activities
GMDI Small Grants Program
Goals of GMDI:
- Sustain an active and visionary organization that meets the goals of our members
- Promote individual, professional, and organizational growth and recognition in the field of genetic metabolism and nutrition
- Optimize the organizational structure to strengthen leadership, processes, and technology
- Maximize opportunities to expand understanding and knowledge in the field of genetic metabolic nutrition
- Ensure financial stability and growth to support our mission and vision
Join GMDI / Renew Membership
The GMDI membership year begins on April 1 and ends March 31. GMDI accepts payment by credit card or check. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Join now.
Emeritus membership: Full member who is retired and has been a member in good standing of GMDI.
Associate membership: Non-RD health care professionals whose interests focus on the nutritional management of patients with genetic metabolic disorders.
Student membership: Students enrolled in accredited training programs who are interested in nutritional management of genetic metabolic disorders.
International Membership: Dietitians from countries outside North America (U.S. and Canada) who maintain professionally recognized certification from their country of residence and who work with and provide nutritional management to patients who have genetic metabolic disorders.
Membership dues are as follows:
[Note: GMDI Membership Year runs from 4/1/-3/31]
Standing Dues - for current membership year ending 3/31/23
*A late fee of $25.00 will be added to all membership dues after April 15th
Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you have questions about Membership