The GMDI Conference Committee is excited to announce a call for proposals for workshop sessions at the upcoming 2024 GMDI Conference. Here is a professional development opportunity to share your experience and expertise with your colleagues at the 2024 GMDI Conference.
Please consider the requirements below in preparing your proposal:
- All presentations must be educational in nature and not include any sales or marketing information. Speakers are encouraged to prepare and present original and/or evidence-based material.
- A variety of topic areas including, but not limited to, research findings, clinical applications, patient education or advocacy, and professional issues will be considered. Workshops may include interactive activities (e.g., small group discussions, role plays)
- Conference Planners are looking forward to all proposals. Certain topics are of particular interest, including:
- clinical practice issues for adults with IEMs;
- the work of dietitians as principal investigators in research;
- updates from workshops that have been previously presented
- Each workshop will last 1 hour and will be presented twice (45 minutes of content + 15 minutes for questions and discussion).
All proposals will be carefully evaluated by the conference Co-Chairs and committee. A limited number of proposals will be selected for presentation at the 2024 Conference.
All proposals must contain the following items:
- Title – please limit to 255 characters or less.
- Background and Purpose – provide a brief descriptive paragraph outlining the nature of your proposed session as well as goals and overall structure (limit to 2200 characters or less).
- 3 learning objectives.
- Topical outline and timing for session
- Please allow for a minimum of 10-15 minutes for discussion and Q&A.
- Why is this topic important for the conference attendees?
- A statement of any conflict of interest will be required for all submissions.
Waived registration for up to 2 speakers (estimated value $460 per speaker)
Reimbursement of travel expenses up to $800 per speaker for up to 2 speakers (receipts must be submitted)
3rd speaker - waived registration plus $200 honorarium (no travel reimbursement)
Proposals must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2023.
Please submit MS Word or PDF files only.