GMDI 2024 Conference
Abstract Submission Announcement
GMDI is pleased to announce the GMDI 2024 Conference will take place on April 17-20, 2024, in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. We welcome abstracts that communicate unpublished research, case studies, educational tools, development of new services and clinics, and public policy efforts that are relevant to the nutritional management of inherited metabolic diseases.
Abstract Submission Deadline: December 15, 2023 11:59PM EST
Abstracts submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
(OPTIONAL) Preliminary Abstract Review:
- This option is now available for authors:
- Who are submitting an abstract for the first time
- Who work in settings with minimal research mentorship
- For whom English is not their first language
- Preliminary Abstract Review Submission Deadline: October 6, 2023 11:59PM EST. Abstracts submitted after this deadline will not be considered for preliminary review.
- Abstracts submitted for preliminary review will be reviewed by the GMDI Research Committee and constructive feedback will be provided via e-mail by November 10, 2023.
- Abstracts submitted for preliminary review will not be considered as the final versions and revised abstracts will need to be resubmitted by the December 15, 2023 deadline. Acceptance of revised abstracts is not guaranteed.
Please format your submission as shown in the example below with the first letter of the first word in the title capitalized and include all authors’ affiliations (Department, Institution, City, State/Province, Country). Abstracts can be formatted as a research study or a case report. If reporting a research study, organize the abstract using the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Research studies without results will not be accepted. If reporting a case report, organize the abstract using the following headings: Background, Case Description, and Conclusions. Abstracts must be written in English with accurate grammar and spelling suitable for publication. Do not include tables, figures, or references. Non-standard abbreviations must be defined in the text upon first use. Examples of abstract formats are provided on pages 3 and 4 of this announcement.
Because the accepted abstracts will be published, the GMDI Research Committee will not accept abstracts that do not follow the instructions described in this document.
1) Word Count Limits
- Title of abstracts cannot exceed 20 words.
- The body of the abstract cannot exceed 350 words.
- Author list, author affiliations, disclosures, and section headings do not contribute to the word count limits.
- The first author of the abstract is the presenting author and will be expected to attend the conference for poster or oral presentation.
- Multiple abstracts can be submitted by the same presenting author but must address different research/cases
- Affiliations must be indicated for each author using superscript numbers and should include the Department, Hospital or University, City, State/Province, Country.
- It is the presenting author’s responsibility to ensure that all co-authors agree with the abstract submission and publication.
- Include funding disclosures and/or clinical trial registration information as appropriate.
- The presenting author is responsible for disclosing the presence or absence of conflict(s) of interest and financial disclosures for all authors during the abstract submission.
4) Approval for Research
- All studies and study procedures involving human subjects or animal models must have received approval by Institutional Review Boards, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or other regulatory bodies, as applicable.
5) Abstract Publication
- The copyright in the abstracts are retained by the authors; however, the authors give permission to the GMDI 2024 Conference organizing committee to publish the abstracts in the journal.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Molecular Genetics and Metabolism.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the GMDI Research Committee.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified via e-mail by February 1, 2024.
- Three abstracts will be selected for oral presentation (includes a $250 discount on conference registration)
- Other accepted abstracts will be invited to give poster presentations
- Instructions for oral or poster presentations will be sent to you if your abstract is accepted.
For questions related to abstract preparation or submission, please contact GMDI Research Committee Co-Chairs, Rebecca Koch (email@example.com) and Meriah Schoen (firstname.lastname@example.org).