GMDI Membership provides opportunities to improve your knowledge and clinical practice in metabolic nutrition and to network with others who work in this highly specialized field.
Continuing Education Opportunities
An educational conference is held every other year. The next GMDI conference will be held in April 28-30, 2016
- E-Newsletter, GMDI Connections
- MetabolicPro Nutrition Analysis Software
- Nutrition Guideline Development
- Member contact information
- Legislative updates
- Table of the Nutrient Composition of Medical Foods
- Salary Survey
- Tools and materials for use in clinical practice
See individual committee pages for specific goals and activities
Goals of GMDI:
- Sustain an active and visionary organization that meets the goals of our members
- Promote individual, professional, and organizational growth and recognition in the field of genetic metabolism and nutrition
- Optimize the organizational structure to strengthen leadership, processes, and technology
- Maximize opportunities to expand understanding and knowledge in the field of genetic metabolic nutrition
- Ensure financial stability and growth to support our mission and vision
Join GMDI / Renew Membership
The GMDI membership year begins on April 1 and ends March 31. GMDI accepts payment by credit card or check. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Join now.
Emeritus membership: Full member who is retired and has been a member in good standing of GMDI.
Associate membership: Non-RD health care professionals whose interests focus on the nutritional management of patients with genetic metabolic disorders.
Student membership: Students enrolled in accredited training programs who are interested in nutritional management of genetic metabolic disorders.
International Membership (Emerging and Developing Economies): Dietitians from countries outside the U.S. with emerging or developing economies who maintain professionally recognized certification from their country of residence and who work with and provide nutritional management to patients who have genetic metabolic disorders.
Membership dues are as follows:
A late fee of $25.00 will be added to all membership dues after March 31, 2015.
Please e-mail Nancy Callanan at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your country’s status