GMDI and SERC (Southeast Regional Genetics Collaborative) are pleased to announce that the MSUD Toolkit is now available for all clinicians. In addition, there are specialized resources that enhance the toolkit and are accessible by GMDI members.
The MSUD Toolkit is a practical companion for clinicians based on the MSUD Nutrition Management Guideline.
· Case-studies by developmental age, with more cases to be added over time
· Tables with nutrient requirements
· Strategies for breast-feeding
· Leucine content of foods list
· Sample emergency protocol and insurance letters
· Links to info on grocery shopping, infant feeding and other practical matters
· Specific resources in both Spanish and English
The MSUD Toolkit was developed by the MSUD Toolkit Workgroup (Dianne Frazier, PhD, RD, MPH, Chairperson). The MSUD Guideline and Toolkit are a joint venture between GMDI and SERC. Support for the project is provided by HRSA (Grant #H46MC24090).