GMDI encourages our international members to attend the 2020 GMDI Conference in Austin, Texas. The conference will be heldp April 30-May 2, 2020. There is a special joint GMDI/SIMD session scheduled on April 29, 2020 from 1:30-5:30 PM.
We recognize that financial constraints may present difficulties for international members to attend. With this is mind, we are offering you the opportunity to apply for partial support to attend this meeting.
- To be eligible to apply for this funding you must be a GMDI member and a current residents of a country with an emerging/developing economy.
Awardees will be asked to do the following:
- Commit to participating in a GMDI International members committee for minimum of 1 year.
- Participate in the International Symposium scheduled for Friday, May 1st from 2:15-5:15 PM, “Nutritional IEM Management in Lower/Middle Income Countries: Let’s Brainstorm Together”, moderated by Barbara Marriage, PhD, RD and Mark Korson, MD
- Share IEM educational resources for patients and families that you have developed and/or use in your clinical practice.
- Up to 10 travel awards will be granted.
- Awardees will receive $760 (USD) in support. This includes one (1) meeting registration ($460) and a $300. (USD) travel stipend.
- Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2019.
- Click HERE to apply.
- We will notify you by January 15, 2020 to let you know if you have been accepted for this travel award.
- Chosen recipients of this travel award will be responsible for obtaining any necessary travel VISAs. GMDI will provide a letter of invitation if needed
Back to main Conference Page